Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Students, Youth
Relevant Relationships in Lesotho Text:
Ministry of Forestry and Land Reclamation, Mohloli Chamber of Business, Makebe Secondary School, Mamohau High School, Pope John Paul XXIII High School and Kick4life.
Training and Skills
Environment, Youth Activity
Berea, Leribe, Maseru, Qacha’s Nek
Makebe Secondary and Mamohau High School have been chosen as partners of the foundation for now. Education:
- OVC at these schools will be assisted with basic needs (e.g. cosmetics) through various projects.
- The foundation is also looking to help the vulnerable children with life skills training, mentoring and tutoring.
Clothing: Donation of clothes on a regular basis
Activities in Lesotho:
- Tree planting as Ha Sekake
- Clothes donation at Mamohau High School
- Career Guidance at Pope John Paul XXIII High School
- Further support for Makebe Secondary and Mamohau High School
- Clothe were given away at Ha Makebe Secondary School and 75 OVCs benefited.
- Christams Give Aways at Mamohau Secondary High School to about 120 OVCs.
- Kids Corner at Makebe Secondary School to talk about life skills, teenage pregnancy and drug abuse and about 130 students benefited from this.
- Crop planting on fields at Ha Makebe secondary School and Ha Sekake.
- To train students in the two schools in life skills
- To train the students to be trainers, so they can empower their fellow students.
- To start projects in the two schools that will help the students to generate income for basic needs and eventually become independent of the foundation.
- train students to be peer counselors so as to empower their fellow students.
- Strengthen or better the production outcome in the products from projects to help generatr more income so they can stand independent of the foundation.
Needs of Organisation:
Clothing to give to OVC
Head of Organisation:
Michael Kelly, Chairperson-Senior Committee
m: +266 5888 2120
Thuso Green, General Secretary-Senior Committee
m: +266 5885 0022
f: +266 2231 2350
PO Box 0813
Maseru West 105
LNDC Centre, No. 4