St. Bernadette’s Resource Centre for the Blind provides primary education and boarding for children with visual impairments. The school teaches the national curriculum in addition to development of life and social skills, including mobility, basic life skills, and reading and writing in Braille.
Activities in Lesotho:
St. Bernadette’s Resource Centre for the Blind provides primary education and boarding for children with visual impairments. The school teaches the national primary curriculum in addition to development of life and social skills including orientation and mobility, personal grooming, and basic life skills.
Currently, there are 63 students and 5 teachers at the school. 52 of the students are boarders.
- Continuing to follow national curriculum for primary education
- Medical checkups (dental, medical, visual care and counseling)
- First aid training for all staff especially for non-teaching staff such as house mothers and fathers.
- Extramural classes
- Knitting, story-reading, games, social/recreational program.
- More teaching staff.
- Opening more centres for the blind around the country.
- Hiring a counsellor to help the children and their parents.
- Ministry of Education and Training,1971- ongoing, every quarter
- Department of Social Welfare’s Disability Fund, 2008 – M.10,000 for clothing, toiletries, and other necessities for the children.
- Disability Fund
- Skillshare–training in leadership skills and management skills for staff.
Head of Organisation:
m: +266 58865894
t: +266 22317682
t: +266 2231-7682
PO Box 200
Cathedral Area, 200m from circle, Main South 1, opposite the Astoria Bakery.