Relevant Relationships in Lesotho Text:
LDTC, Bible Society, LPPA
Training and Skills
Agriculture, Environment, Livelihoods
Berea, Leribe, Mafeteng, Maseru, Mohale’s Hoek, Mokhotlong, Quthing, Thaba-Tseka
2. Food Security
3. Democracy and human rights
4. tourism and environment
Activities in Lesotho:
Improving household livelihoods with bee-keeping projects with 40 boys in Leribe.
Teaching life skills to 90 boys in Leribe and Berea. (phased out in 2008)
Education: 10 students were provided with school uniforms, shoes and socks.
4 students were attending secondary and high school. Their school fees and exam fees were paid.
HIV /AIDS strategic plan developed for herd-boys communities in Lesotho
Herd-boys policy developed in 2010-2012
- To provide life skills and IGP to more herders.
- To improve the working condition for herdboys.
- To reduce the high rate of OVC who are becoming herders.
- To reduce the social exclusion among herdboys and improve their chances in life.
- HIV/AIDS training in theSouthern parts of the country targeting herd-boys and stock owner, and the OVC project in Thaba-Tseka targeting 92 OVCs
Needs of Organisation:
Organizational Needs: We need capacity building in all areas
Training Needs: we need training on monitoring and education
Firelight Foundation 2008
Global Fund 2008
Firelightt Foundation 2007
Head of Organizaion:
Khotso Nosi Lehloka, Secretary General
t: +266 2232 5873
f: +266 2232 5873
m: +266 58442131
Motlalentoa Hlehlisi, chairperson
m: +266 5877 4137
PO Box 10656
Dominican House Behind Mabathoana High School,
Next to Lesotho Save the Children